Followers

Friday, May 15, 2020

Shopping!!

After being in my house for what seems like forever (I'm not sure of how many days...weeks...months now), I finally went shopping. Hobby Lobby was calling my name. So, I went to my sisters, picked her and my niece up, and we were on our way like three kids going to see Santa for the first time.

Since the governor issued the shelter-in-place order for the state of Alabama, I've taken up several hobbies: prettying up my planner, Bible journaling, scripture writing, and studying the Gospels (I've started with the Gospel of Luke). Now, you don't need stickers, colored pencils, water colors, or washi tape to do any of this, BUT, it sure makes it fun. AND, after our trip to Hobby Lobby, I believe I'm sitting pretty for a while.

How have you started off your weekend? Does it involve venturing out after some of the restrictions have been lifted in your state (if they have)? What are some of the hobbies you picked up during this unusual season of life we've been experiencing?

Hope you have a great weekend. See you all on Sunday.

Angela Hood-Ross
Live, Laugh, Love

3 comments:

  1. Hey Angela. I love the fun of stickers and silliness. Love it. No new hobbies for me, since I work from home anyway, things are pretty much the same here. But ... two days ago I moved the fridge again. Both times, out of the kitchen so that my studio wall is wide open and free to use. But that's what I'd be doing Covid or no. And Hubby still goes to work fulltime, five days a week so no change there.

    But ... we don't go to Barnes to work anymore. Tim writes his butt off there and I study. So that's probably the biggest change. But if I'm honest, I don't miss Barnes. It's outside days here so we get to enjoy our back deck and write/study out there together. It's very nice.

    That's about all on your end.

    Happy Crafting and Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have to find the silver lining in all this. Because my husband and I actually work at the same college, we both work from home right now. It's been nice just being home with each other and helping each other cope with the changes. Enjoy your days on the deck.

      Delete
    2. Hey Angela! Not much has changed for us. Since I already work from home, Tim is used to stepping around my gear and me working on edits and since he goes into work, well, it's the same old same old here. Which is not a complaint. Then on the weekends and evenings, Tim works on his side writing/publishing business.

      Really, not much is different for us. We still enjoy our time together and we're having fun on our projects from home.

      But I get that some couples are adjusting to working home. Groovy that you guys get to do it together. That's the best.

      Delete