Followers

Sunday, May 10, 2020

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

As a daughter, this day hasn't been easy since my mother left us in 2007. However, I choose to celebrate her quietly in my prayers and my thoughts throughout this holiday. There are little things, I noticed, that I may see or smell or hear that remind me more of her than ever before. Even though she's celebrating in heaven with her precious mother, I continue to honor her because I'm blessed to have memories to get me through this day.

As a mother, I understand my children couldn't stay little forever. They have lives of their own. They both are now parents. And even though this is a day for them to celebrate me, this is a day my daughter and daughter-in-law are to be celebrated, too. I enjoy if they are able to visit, text, or only call me. So, far, today has been wonderful, despite the coronavirus quarantine. Both have visited me with their families. I am blessed.

As a daughter-in-law, my mother knows how much I appreciate her (at least I hope she does). She gave me one of the greatest gifts...her son...my husband. This is a day he spends with his mother, honoring her.

I hope all the mother's out there are having a wonderful day. I hope you are able to spend time with your family in one way or another.

Let me know how your Mother's Day is going.

Angela Hood-Ross
Live, Laugh, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment