Followers

Friday, July 10, 2020

2020...What's Next?

2020...What's next? To say I wished this year would end is an understatement. However, I don't want to rush time. But...

My cat, Ella, was diagnosed Tuesday with feline diabetes. For me, that was a relief considering I was prepared for the worse. Since she's been at the vet, I've tried to educate myself more on this disease; how to care for her, how to give her shots, everything I might need to know to make sure she's healthy the rest of her days.

For those of you with fur babies, please educate yourself on the signs of diabetes. Had I known what to look for, I probably would have taken her to be tested much sooner.

These are some of the signs I've been told: increase in thirst, frequent urination, increase in appetite, rapid weight loss, and not wanting to socialize. I'm sure there are more, but these are the most common signs.

So...2020? Whatcha got for me next? After the last few months, I feel I can take on anything now (within reason).

How are things in your part of the world?

(Picture of Miss Ella)

(UPDATE): Miss Ella Mae passed away on July 14, 2020. Rest in peace sweet girl.

Angela Hood-Ross
Live, Laugh, Love


4 comments:

  1. Very sorry to read about your cat but glad it's something you can learn and help her with.

    Pretty good here so far. Knock on a skeleton's skull. Not much has changed for us. I still work from home as I did before and Smoochie Face (hubby), still goes to work out in the world, 5 days a week.

    BUT ... we did recently enjoy and 5-day mini staycation. Bolted the doors, locked the windows, and enjoyed being home. Another 5-dayer coming up soon bc I have a dr's appointment that I must go to but after that, it's more enjoying being home.

    Yesterday, by 6AM I was outside writing. Soooo nice. Do you write outside? We love it.

    Happy New Week and here's to your cat feeling better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hot here, that I don't get to get outside too much. However, I intend to take full advantage of some (hopefully) cooler fall days when they arrive. Thank you, about my cat. It seems like she's not really responding to the treatments and she's refusing to eat again. Sad to say, but we'll have to make a decision soon. I do plan to take next week off from the day job (if approved). I need some down time and to recharge.

      Delete
  2. Bookbub is the best. Having 100+ reviews also does wonders for a book, you can try usbookreviews dot com for reviews. 100+ reviews also help with getting accepted with bookbub and other promotion sites

    ReplyDelete