Followers

Monday, January 23, 2017

National Handwriting Day

Handwriting. Is it a thing of the past? Do teachers even emphasize the importance of "HANDwriting"?

As a child, I remember being so excited to receive that new pack of paper or notebook from my mom for the first day of class. I also remember standing in front of the pen or pencil aisle at our local WalMart (before it was a fancy Supercenter) or K-Mart, finding it very difficult to decide on my choice of writing equipment. I still do that to this day and I'm 47 years old.

Whether it was printing...

...or cursive, I loved to practice my handwriting--daily.

The generation of today (and maybe the generation before) have no clue of the importance of penmanship. With all the electronic devices available at their fingertips, why would they?

Do you believe in good penmanship? Do you agree it should be included, once again, in the school curriculum? I certainly do. It's important. And hopefully, one day, it will be necessary.

Oh...by the way...have a slice of your favorite pie today.

This is a picture of a slice of authentic Key Lime pie I had when Da Hubs and I went to the Florida Keys several years back. It was fantastic and it's my favorite kind of pie!

Doesn't matter if you've joined Weight Watchers, Jenni Craig, or bought up an entire pantry of Nutri System meals in hope of honoring your New Year's resolution...

It's National Pie Day...so celebrate!

Author Savannah Rose

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was handwriting day. I love to write by hand. And today, I did a post by hand, I had no idea. Yes, I do think it should be taught. The pie looks killer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pie was awesome! Had that in a little mom and pop restaurant in Tavernier, FL (right below Key Largo). Great food and awesome pie. Da Hubs had their Key Lime shake (it was wonderful, too). HAPPY NATIONAL HANDWRITING (AND PIE) DAY!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I sit down on Saturday or Sunday evening and write out by hand all my blog posts before I type them up and schedule them. I also try to write as much of a book by hand as I can. I just love doing that.

      Delete