Followers

Monday, January 9, 2017

Hello 2017...The Year of Greatness

Well, we're already a week into the new year. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

Over the last year (actually the last couple years), I put my writing to the side. Why? Maybe it was fear. Maybe it was writer's block. Whatever the reason, I'm happy to say as the new year emerged, so did my love for writing. This is going to be a year of greatness.

I've already put the Whistle Creek Series back on Smashwords (after much needed revisions) and I'm working on revisions for "Bobby Jo" and "Third Time's A Charm". Hopefully those will be back on Smashwords in the next few months.  You can download a free sample or purchase the entire novel(s). Here is the link: Savannah Rose's Author Smashwords Profile

For 2017, I'm mapping out what I'd like to accomplish for the year. I know most people do this before the giant ball drops but, like I said earlier, my passion for my writing just finally returned. Along with the books mentioned above, I hope to start on the 10-book series, Cherry Blossom Collection, soon. I will have a new book (sort of new...briefly put a few chapters on Wattpad) published soon, "Sunrise Sisterhood". I'm really excited about this book. Out of all I've written, this has to be my favorite. I'll tell you more about that in another blog.

For those who don't know, the Whistle Creek Series, "Bobby Jo", and "Third Time's A Charm", I wrote several years ago and had listed on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords for all my wonderful readers to enjoy. Unfortunately, someone or someones found it necessary to leave nasty, NASTY reviews. I'm not talking about "the book was poorly written" or "the story line didn't go anywhere", I'm talking vulgar, nasty stuff. So, as much as it pains me to say it, they got to me. I quickly removed all my books and since then have been slowly editing and revising. I'm glad to say that I found my courage and my desire again and I've quickly come to understand that not all people have manners or morals.

I've had a few people ask about my book "Magnolias in Moonlight". Have I finished it? Can they buy it? I'd love to say "yes" but the truth is I've pretty much abandoned the original idea of the book. I do, however, plan to rewrite the story just a little differently. When will that occur, I really can't say at this moment. But I'll keep you all updated.

For my writer friends, have you ever been shaken so bad from a review that you questioned your work? And if so, how did you handle it? Please share your experience.

For my non-writer friends, have you ever given up a hobby because of someone's opinion? If so, were you able to find your love for that hobby again or did you move on to another? Please share your experience.

Author Savannah Rose

5 comments:

  1. You're a tough cookie. So glad to read this. I tried to buy them today but will wait for Tim to get home, as I don't know what the flip I'm doing or if we have a smashwords account. Tim will know though.

    I don't have an experience to share just yet but once I get my videos going, I probably will. Some of the commenters on YouTube are horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks Ivy. I've been asking other friends to review the FAQ on the site because it will give you instructions on how to download to a Kindle, Nook, or even PC. I really don't want to put them back on Amazon or B&N because it was just too much to keep up with and I've heard that the sites are having problems with royalties. With this site you can download to whatever device you want. It even gives you instruction on downloading the free apps on your PC or laptop to read the books on. Let me know if you have anymore trouble. And thanks. :)

      Delete
    2. Very cool, will be buying all three. I'll email you after I get them. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blogging and sharing this here. I dread bad reviews as I had one before. I know it will happen but I'm hoping for a few good ones first. My book isn't for everyone so I must learn to ignore some. Good for you for being brave and doing it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. It took me a long time to realize that, myself. I'll be sure and watch for your release.

      Delete